March Madness is Here
Starting March 18th your students will talk about nothing other than basketball for 3 weeks. You can use their interest to motivate their learning about Cellular Respiration with our virtual lab where your students will help basketball players perform their best during their big game.
Cellular Respiration - Measure energy consumption during exercise
Help athletes perform during exercise
Experiment using a mouse model to understand the role of glucose, lactic acid and oxygen during exercise. Apply your knowledge from mouse experiments and of glycolysis, the Krebs cycle and the electron transport chain to help basketball players perform their best during their game.
After this simulation you’ll be able to:
- Analyze blood glucose and lactic acid concentrations of athletes before and after exercise
- Outline the relationship between the cell, mitochondria and cellular respiration
- Compare aerobic and anaerobic cellular respiration
- Understand the role of glycolysis, the Krebs cycle and the electron transport chain in generating ATP
- Experiment on oxygen consumption in mice at various exercise intensities
Don't miss the chance to engage your students - Talk with us!
We’re happy to speak with you about how to use our simulations in your course. Please fill out the form and we will be in touch with you shortly!