Mammalian Transient Protein Expression
About the Mammalian Transient Protein Expression Virtual Lab Simulation
In the Mammalian Transient Protein lab, you will use the ExpiCHO expression system to perform a transient protein production in ExpiCHO-S cells. You will grow a suspension culture, prepare both the reagents and the cells for transfection, and learn which protocol you should use, depending on the estimated protein yield. Will you be able to keep your cells healthy to maximize protein expression?
Get Started Now
Techniques In Lab
- Cell culture
- Cell transfection
- Protein expression
At the end of this simulation, you will be able to…
- Explain the benefits of using mammaliancell based expression systems to produce recombinant proteins compared to other systems based on other hosts, such as E. coli
- Describe and perform the key steps for mammalian transient protein expression using the ExpiCHO protein expression kit:
- Preparation of ExpiCHOS cells and transfection reagents
- Transfection of cells
- Addition of ExpiCHO Feeder and ExpiCHO Enhancer
- Select the cell culture conditions to maximize protein expression yield
Screenshots of Mammalian Transient Protein Expression Virtual Lab Simulation
How it works
A million dollar lab in your browser
Perform experiments in virtual lab simulations to achieve core science learning outcomes.
All our simulations run on laptop and desktop computers, and you can play our simulations without having to install any browser plugins.
Hundreds of hours of science learning content
Our virtual laboratory simulations are aimed at university, college and high school level, within fields such as biology, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology, chemistry, physics and more.
With access to our simulations, you will have hundreds of hours of engaging, high-quality learning content available to you.