Pluripotent Stem Cell Culture Virtual Lab
About the Pluripotent Stem Cell Culture Virtual Lab Simulation
In the Pluripotent Stem Cell Culture lab, you will culture and expand pluripotent stem cells (PSCs) using a feeder-free system. You will also evaluate the PSCs characteristic cell growth, solve differentiation-related issues and investigate the pluripotency of your PSCs using fluorescence microscopy. Will you be able to maintain the pluripotency of your culture?
Get Started Now
Techniques In Lab
- Cell culture
- Fluorescence microscopy
At the end of this simulation, you will be able to…
- Define the concept of pluripotent stem cell
- Describe the required combination of media and matrices that support cell health and pluripotency
- Describe and perform the critical steps for culturing PSCs:
- Thawing and plating
- Evaluating differentiated cells morphology and removing them from the culture
- Evaluating the pluripotency state of your PSCs using fluorescence microscopy
Screenshots of Pluripotent Stem Cell Culture Virtual Lab Simulation
How it works
A million dollar lab in your browser
Perform experiments in virtual lab simulations to achieve core science learning outcomes.
All our simulations run on laptop and desktop computers, and you can play our simulations without having to install any browser plugins.
Hundreds of hours of science learning content
Our virtual laboratory simulations are aimed at university, college and high school level, within fields such as biology, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology, chemistry, physics and more.
With access to our simulations, you will have hundreds of hours of engaging, high-quality learning content available to you.