Protein Denaturation Virtual Lab
About the Protein Denaturation Virtual Lab Simulation
In the Protein Denaturation lab, you will learn the different ways to denature proteins and their relation to food science. You will perform various experiments using ovalbumin, the primary protein found in eggs, in order to understand the chemical and physical causes of protein denaturation, and how it affects food texture. Will you be able to unravel the mysteries of cooking an egg?
Get Started Now
Techniques In Lab
At the end of this simulation, you will be able to…
- Understand what protein denaturation is
- Understand how interactions between side groups influence the protein structure
- Understand the chemical causes of protein denaturation
- Understand the physical causes of protein denaturation
- Remember the steps involved in protein denaturation
- Understand the results of protein denaturation and how food texture changes as a result of it (coagulation)
- Understand how biotechnology is used in daily life
Screenshots of Protein Denaturation Virtual Lab Simulation
Sara R. Milillo Ph.D.
Director of Math and Science
Bay Path University
How it works
A million dollar lab in your browser
Perform experiments in virtual lab simulations to achieve core science learning outcomes.
All our simulations run on laptop and desktop computers, and you can play our simulations without having to install any browser plugins.
Hundreds of hours of science learning content
Our virtual laboratory simulations are aimed at university, college and high school level, within fields such as biology, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology, chemistry, physics and more.
With access to our simulations, you will have hundreds of hours of engaging, high-quality learning content available to you.