Test-Drive Our Virtual Lab
Try Labster's Spectrophotometry simulation -
Free for a limited time!
Our virtual labs are usually available to customers only, but we’re giving you until the end of March 2021 to sample one of our newest simulations: Spectrophotometry. We want you and your students to get a feel for what it’s like to learn with Labster. You are welcome to share the link to this page with your students and colleagues so you get the most out of your free trial.
Ever wonder how light can be used to measure absorbance? Don't stay in the dark, play Spectrophotometers now!
Play the simulation from a laptop/desktop on Chrome or Firefox
Build your own spectrophotometer to measure the absorbance of a reaction product on Mars!
Go under the hood of the spectrophotometer to understand how its components fit together. Can you figure out which pieces do what, and how they all work together in the finished instrument?
After this simulation you’ll be able to:
- Summarize how a spectrophotometer is used to measure absorbance data
- Link the major components of a spectrophotometer to their functions within the instrument
- Choose a useful wavelength for measuring a compound of interest using absorbance spectrum data
- Suggest a protocol for measuring the absorbance of a given substance using a spectrophotometer
- Apply the Beer-Lambert equation to absorbance data to determine substance concentration
You can try over 200+ simulations. Talk with us!
We’re happy to help you find virtual labs that fit your curriculum.