Take advantage of free simulations in biology, chemistry and physics
Our back to school gift to you is this opportunity to try simulations in biology, chemistry and physics.
Your peers in science departments across the country told us that virtual labs help them supplement practical labs and stay prepared to teach anywhere, no matter what happens this fall. Next steps: access your free trial by filling out the form below, assign the sims to your students and observe what happens. This trial ends September 30, 2021!
For Biology Faculty
Free trial: Cell Membrane and Transport simulation
Learn how transporters keep cells healthy
In this simulation, your students will learn about the structure and function of the cell membrane, and discover why membrane transporters are vital for healthy cells and the function of organ systems.
At the end of this simulation, your students will be able to…
- Describe the plasma membrane structure using the fluid mosaic model
- Recognize the relative permeability of lipid bilayers to different classes of molecule
- Compare active and passive transport of molecules
- Identify the 3 modes of active transport and the different classes of ion channel and carrier molecules
- Relate the expression of specific transport proteins to the cell’s role
Get your free access to 3 simulations now
Curious about teaching with our virtual science simulations? Fill out the form below to experience them yourself – for free – and let your students try them, too!