Welcoming a New Semester
Take advantage of free simulations in biology, chemistry and physics
Are you ready to supplement your wet labs with virtual lab simulations to make up for any learning loss your students experienced during the pandemic? To help you start your science teaching in the new academic year, we are offering free access to our biology, chemistry and physics simulations. Fill out the form to try them out – and share them with your students. This trial ends on the 31st of October.
For Biology Faculty
Free trial: Cell Membrane and Transport simulation
Learn how transporters keep cells healthy
In this simulation, your students will learn about the structure and function of the cell membrane, and discover why membrane transporters are vital for healthy cells and the function of organ systems.
At the end of this simulation, your students will be able to…
- Describe the plasma membrane structure using the fluid mosaic model
- Recognize the relative permeability of lipid bilayers to different classes of molecule
- Compare active and passive transport of molecules
- Identify the 3 modes of active transport and the different classes of ion channel and carrier molecules
- Relate the expression of specific transport proteins to the cell’s role
Get your free access to 3 simulations now
Curious about teaching with our virtual science simulations? Fill out the form below to experience them yourself – for free – and let your students try them, too!