Sign up to our newsletter to be updated about upcoming webinars.
The End of Adobe Flash Player
Monday, September 16, 2019, 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM ET
In December of this year Adobe Flash Player will be discontinued, leaving many teachers and faculty members without the EdTech tools they’ve come to rely on. Join our webinar, hosted by Labster’s co-founder Michael Bodekaer, to learn how you can transition your classroom away from Flash and ensure the EdTech tools you adopt are built to evolve with future innovation.
The webinar will cover:
- What types of EdTech use Flash, and how to check if the tools you use are built on it
- What to consider when researching alternative solutions
- A glimpse into where EdTech is heading in 2020 and beyond
Teach Microbiology with Labster
Monday, September 23, 2019, 12:00 PM – 01:00 PM ET
Ana Barral from National University in California has been using Labster’s virtual labs as a core part of her Microbiology course for a year now. In this webinar, she will share her thoughts about using virtual labs to achieve student success.
The webinar will cover:
- How Ana Barral got started with Labster
- How she has used virtual labs in her course
- What the pros and cons of teaching with virtual labs are
- What results she achieved
- What advice she can give other Microbiology professors
VR in Higher Education
Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM ET
Join us for an in-depth look at the status of VR in higher education. Find out what research shows about learning with VR and learn from subject experts how to best use VR to teach science courses. Maaroof Fakhri, VP of Product Management at Labster, will also share what’s new with Labster VR.
The webinar will cover:
- What does the current research show us
- Where is Labster’s VR product headed
- VR uses and best practices
What’s New from Labster
Tuesday, September 10, 2019, 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM ET
Join Labster for a beginning-of-the-academic-year update on new features and simulations. Emma Durand, Head of Product Delivery at Labster, will take you on a guided tour of all the new features of Labster, as well as give you a sneak peek at our newest simulations.
The webinar covers:
- New features: Improved LMS integration and Teacher Dashboard
- New simulations: New microbiology package to be released by the end of September 2019.
Teaching with Virtual Labs: Inspiration and Best Practices
Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 09:00 AM – 10:00 AM EDT
In this webinar Helen Gadegaard, Customer Success Manager at Labster and formerly a university lecturer in Life Sciences, will share useful insights and best practices that she has acquired from working with countless professors around the world who are using Labster.
Teaching Chemistry with Labster's Virtual Labs
Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM EDT
In this webinar we invited Professor Sabine Matallana-Surget from Stirling University to talk about teaching chemistry with Labster’s virtual labs. Sabine has been using Labster for several years, and shares her experiences with us, as well as answer questions from the audience.
Can VR simulations replace traditional science labs?
Tuesday, April 30, at 11:00 AM ET / 08:00 AM PT
Last summer, Labster VR was launched, and this academic year, Arizona State University launched three fully online courses in biology, all at the advanced level (upper division courses).
Mike Angilletta is the Associate Director of Undergraduate Programs and the instructor for the Ecology Lab course. He will in this webinar discuss his experience while teaching a 100% online lab course.
In one hour, Mike Angilletta will answer the following questions:
- What are the benefits of teaching with VR, and what are the limitations?
- How did the students respond to using VR?
- Can you use VR to replace large fractions of a lab course?
We’ll also take a closer look at some of the new ecology simulations, giving you insight into what virtual labs are all about.
What's New From Labster
Tuesday, March 5, 11:00 AM ET/ 08:00 AM PT
Lots of exciting things are happening here at Labster. Not only do we have more new simulations being launched than ever before, but new features are being implemented to give you the best possible teaching and learning experience.
In the webinar, Emma Durand, Head of Product Delivery at Labster, will take you on a guided tour of all the new updates and features that you can soon start using.
In one hour, we will present the following updates and features:
- New simulations: On March 4 we launch lots of new simulations.
- New Teacher Dashboard: We have updated the interface with a new, more user-friendly design. Find out how it works!
- Skin color randomization: We want all students to feel represented in our simulations.
- Quiz question editor: We are working to empower professors to use Labster in a more flexible way.
The Future of EdTech
Wednesday, February 27, 12:00 PM ET
As a follow-up to our highly popular whitepaper: What’s on the horizon for EdTech in 2019, we will hold this webinar on the same topic.
The webinar will be hosted by Michael Bodekaer, Labster’s CTO and Co-founder. In the webinar, we will let you in on interesting insights from the EdTech field, as well as all the exciting things we are working on at Labster.
In one hour, we will:
- Discuss the four main trends for EdTech in 2019 highlighted in our whitepaper
- Reveal the results of an EdTech survey we conducted and share with you what your peers think will happen in 2019
- Share highlights from BETT 2019 and what we saw and heard from EdTech providers around the world
- Reveal what lies ahead for Labster: What features and products can you expect to see this year?
- Discuss your predictions: You can submit them beforehand or during the webinar
New Chemistry Simulations
Wednesday, Feb 20, 2019, 10:30 AM ET
Learn about Labster’s chemistry simulations in this webinar hosted by Ainara Lopez-Cordoba, PhD, Head of Content and Research at Labster.
Find out how virtual labs can enhance your chemistry teaching, see which topics and learning outcomes will be covered in the new simulations, and watch live demos!
In one hour, we’ll cover:
- How virtual chemistry labs are created to ensure optimal learning outcomes for your students
- Examples of activities students can do in a virtual chemistry lab
- Benefits of using virtual labs for teaching chemistry
- A brief introduction to the new simulations and an explanation of what students can learn and do in them
My Labster Experience: How to get the most out of Labster (09/17/2018)
Are you considering using virtual labs in your science teaching, but are still not completely sure how to get started or how it can benefit your students? Or are you already using Labster, and looking for inspiration for how to maximize your students’ experience?
Then watch this webinar to learn from two professors currently using Labster and get inspired! Meet Dr. Kambiz Hamadani, California State University, San Marcos, USA and Dr. Sabine Matallana-Surget, University of Stirling, Scotland, and learn from their Labster experience.
Find out how they got started, how they have used Labster in their courses, which challenges they have faced, and the opportunities they have discovered along the way. At the end, we open up the discussion and answer audience questions. Facilitated by our Educational Specialists, Laura Wirpsza and Helen Gadegaard.
Webinar on Flipped Science Teaching (06/14/2018)
Learn how you can use virtual lab simulations as a part of a blended/flipped science course and get tips, recommendations and examples from early adopters and experts Dr. Felicia Vulcu from McMaster University and Cathy Thomas-Varco from Mirrabook Development Trust CIC.
- What is flipped teaching and why is it important for science teachers?
- How can you get started and what are the benefits?
- What are the learning outcomes and results of using virtual lab simulations?
- What do students think about it?