About ChIP-exo Virtual Lab Simulation
In the ChIP-exo simulation, you will perform the chromatin immunoprecipitation with exonuclease treatment (ChIP-exo) protocol in order to get a DNA sequence to elucidate the acid stress mechanism of Escherichia coli. You will learn how to fix the protein-DNA interactions and lyse the cells using a sonicator, add magnetic beads to the sample, and perform different on-bead and off-bead enzymatic modifications. From this, you will learn how the exonucleases work.
Will you be able to prepare the target DNA to understand how E. coli survive in acid stress conditions?
Get Started Now
Techniques In Lab
- Cell lysis
- DNA editing
At the end of this simulation, you will be able to…
- Understand the use of exonuclease treatment in ChIP-exo technique.
- Understand the key steps for performing the ChIP-exo technique as well as the importance of each reagent:
- Adding formaldehyde to the culture to fix the bonds between proteins and DNA.
- Lysing the cells using lysozyme and sonication.
- Addition of specific antibodies.
- Use of magnetic beads.
- On-bead enzymatic modifications.
- Off-bead enzymatic modifications.
- Understand the molecular mechanism of ChIP-exo.
Screenshots of ChIP-exo Virtual Lab Simulation
How it works
A million dollar lab in your browser
Perform experiments in virtual lab simulations to achieve core science learning outcomes.
All our simulations run on laptop and desktop computers, and you can play our simulations without having to install any browser plugins.
Hundreds of hours of science learning content
Our virtual laboratory simulations are aimed at university, college and high school level, within fields such as biology, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology, chemistry, physics and more.
With access to our simulations, you will have hundreds of hours of engaging, high-quality learning content available to you.