Wastewater Treatment Virtual Lab
About the Wastewater Treatment Virtual Lab Simulation
In this simulation, you will study the treatment of urban wastewater. You will learn how to optimize the treatment process so that the cleaned water can be safely reintroduced into the water circulation. You will also analyze the micropollutant concentration in the in- and outflow. Will you be able to rescue the fish population suffering from pollution?
Get Started Now
Techniques In Lab
- Wastewater treatment
- Gas chromatography
- Mass spectrometry
At the end of this simulation, you will be able to…
- Understand the different steps of the wastewater treatment process
- Understand how microorganisms degrade organic compounds during denitrification and nitrification
- Understand the influence of internal recirculation, sludge recirculation and aeration on the wastewater treatment process
- Understand how micropollutants can influence aquatic organisms
- Prepare samples for GC-MS
- Understand the basic concept behind GC-MS
Screenshots of Wastewater Treatment Virtual Lab Simulation
How it works
A million dollar lab in your browser
Perform experiments in virtual lab simulations to achieve core science learning outcomes.
All our simulations run on laptop and desktop computers, and you can play our simulations without having to install any browser plugins.
Hundreds of hours of science learning content
Our virtual laboratory simulations are aimed at university, college and high school level, within fields such as biology, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology, chemistry, physics and more.
With access to our simulations, you will have hundreds of hours of engaging, high-quality learning content available to you.