Teach Chemistry with Labster Virtual Labs
The future of education at your fingertips
Labster gives students access to a realistic lab experience that will let them perform experiments and practice their skills in a fun and risk-free learning environment. Watch the video to learn what Labster can offer.
Lab Simulations for Chemistry
Bring the world of science into the classroom or enable students to bring learning home with Labster’s virtual science lab content. No need for additional hardware or lab equipment; access these chemistry labs on any laptops, and spark creativity in students with this innovative and interactive way to explore science.
Labster's Chemistry simulations include:
- Acids and Bases
- Advanced Acids and Bases
- Atomic Structure: Assess the possibility of life on other planets
- Basic Chemistry Thermodynamics:Solve the challenge of storing renewable energy
- Chemistry Safety
- Flow Injection Analysis
- Ideal Gas Law: Build your own temperature scale
- Proton NMR: Spectrum interpretation
- Recrystallization: Purify your solid
- Recrystallization: Filter your crystals and measure the melting point
- Recrystallization: Dissolve your solid and precipitate your crystals
- Ionic and Covalent Bonds
- Kjeldahl Method: Estimate the protein content in food
- Matter and Phase Changes: Distill ethanol
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance: Analyze small protein samples
- Organic Chemistry Introduction: Learn about organic compounds
- Periodic Table of Elements: Get the table organized in time!
- Solution Preparation: From salt to solution
- Stoichiometric Calculations: Identify an unknown compound using gravimetric analysis
- Titration: Neutralize an acid lake contamination
- Hydrocarbon Nomenclature and Representations
- Carbon Valence, Hybridization and Angles
- Functional Groups and Basic Chemical Tests
- Simple Distillation: Recycle waste from biodiesel production
With more Chemistry simulations to come!
Explore our Chemistry course packages
Learn about the elements that make up our universe in our chemistry simulations for university majors. Discover how atoms interact via chemical bonds to form compounds. Study the structure of atoms and molecules and master different techniques in the chemistry lab.
Designed for introductory courses and high school classes, learn the fundamentals of chemistry in our Principles of Chemistry simulations. Study the structure of atoms and molecules and the periodic table of elements. Get an introduction to safety in the chemistry lab and discover different experimental techniques.
Learn the fundamentals of general, organic and biological chemistry in our simulations for non-science majors and health sciences majors. Study the chemistry behind biological macromolecules, techniques in biochemistry and their relevance to human health.
Explore the composition, reactivity and properties of carbon-containing compounds in our organic chemistry simulations. Study the main functional groups in organic chemistry and different reaction mechanisms. Discover how hydrocarbon molecular structures affect reactivity and learn essential lab techniques in organic chemistry.
Read the Teaching Chemistry whitepaper
Teach Chemistry with Labster
This whitepaper informs you about everything you need to know to get started with virtual labs for chemistry; from figuring out what virtual labs are all about and how you can use them, to learning about what hardware and software you’ll need and how to get funding.
The whitepaper covers:
- What are virtual labs and why should you be using them in your courses?
- How can virtual labs be used to help your students reach their learning outcomes in chemistry?
- What hardware and software do you need to get started?
- The impact of virtual labs: What does the research tell us?
- An overview of the chemistry simulations in the Labster simulation catalog
Watch the Teaching Chemistry webinar
Teach Chemistry with Labster
Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM EDT
In this webinar we invited Professor Sabine Matallana-Surget from Stirling University to talk about teaching chemistry with Labster’s virtual labs. Sabine has been using Labster for several years, and shares her experiences with us, as well as answer questions from the audience.
Watch the webinar here.
What the professors say
Give your students the chance to learn chemistry in an engaging and effective way with Labster’s virtual labs.
You can supplement your teaching with virtual labs to prepare your students for the wet lab, to help them understand difficult concepts, to engage them with your chemistry course, and more.
Research shows that students learn twice as much when traditional lectures are supplemented by Labster’s virtual labs.