Teach Chemistry with Labster Virtual Labs
The future of education at your fingertips
Labster gives students access to a realistic lab experience that will let them perform experiments and practice their skills in a fun and risk-free learning environment. Watch the video to learn what Labster can offer.
Lab Simulations for Chemistry
Bring the world of science into the classroom or enable students to bring learning home with Labster’s virtual science lab content. No need for additional hardware or lab equipment; access these chemistry labs on any laptops, and spark creativity in students with this innovative and interactive way to explore science.
Labster's Chemistry simulations include:
- Acids and Bases
- Advanced Acids and Bases
- Atomic Structure: Assess the possibility of life on other planets
- Basic Chemistry Thermodynamics: Solve the challenge of storing renewable energy
- Chemistry Safety
- Flow Injection Analysis
- Ideal Gas Law: Build your own temperature scale
- Ionic and Covalent Bonds
- Kjeldahl Method: Estimate the protein content in food
- Matter and Phase Changes: Distill ethanol
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance: Analyze small protein samples
- Organic Chemistry Introduction: Learn about organic compounds
- Periodic Table of Elements: Get the table organized in time!
- Solution Preparation: From salt to solution
- Stoichiometric Calculations: Identify an unknown compound using gravimetric analysis
- Titration: Neutralize an acid lake contamination
With more Chemistry simulations to come!
Read the Teaching Chemistry Whitepaper
Teach Chemistry with Labster
This whitepaper informs you about everything you need to know to get started with virtual labs for chemistry; from figuring out what virtual labs are all about and how you can use them, to learning about what hardware and software you’ll need and how to get funding.
The whitepaper covers:
- What are virtual labs and why should you be using them in your courses?
- How can virtual labs be used to help your students reach their learning outcomes in chemistry?
- What hardware and software do you need to get started?
- The impact of virtual labs: What does the research tell us?
- An overview of the chemistry simulations in the Labster simulation catalog
Watch the Teaching Chemistry webinar
Teach Chemistry with Labster
Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM EDT
In this webinar we invited Professor Sabine Matallana-Surget from Stirling University to talk about teaching chemistry with Labster’s virtual labs. Sabine has been using Labster for several years, and shares her experiences with us, as well as answer questions from the audience.
What the professors say
Give your students the chance to learn chemistry in an engaging and effective way with Labster’s virtual labs.
You can supplement your teaching with virtual labs to prepare your students for the wet lab, to help them understand difficult concepts, to engage them with your chemistry course, and more.
Research shows that students learn twice as much when traditional lectures are supplemented by Labster’s virtual labs.
Improves student retention and outcomes
Unlimited access to instrumentation
Convenient laboratory access
Fun and engaging 3D animations
Easy tracking of progress & feedback
Integrates with your LMS
Suitable for course re-designs
Dedicated customer support
Aligns with core science curriculum
Want to know more?
Complete the form below, and we will get back to you with information about how you can use Labster at your institution or company.