About the Marine Biology Virtual Lab Simulation
In the Marine Biology lab, your task is to investigate a massive fish kill by collecting water and fish samples. After taking the sample from the field you go back to the lab and perform the necropsy of the fish. If you are a good observer, the dissection will give you important information about the cause of the death. It turns out that you need more information to solve the mystery, so you will use UV-spectrophotometry to analyze the dissolved oxygen in the water sample. Will you be able to solve the mystery of the massive fish kill?
Get Started Now
Techniques In Lab
- Fish necropsy/dissection
At the end of this simulation, you will be able to…
- Understand basic concepts of sample collection
- Perform fish necropsy and learn the information you can get from this kind of approach
- Understand the concepts of trophic levels, trophic pyramids and the energy flow in an ecosystem
- Understand the difference between heterotroph and autotroph organisms
- Analyze the level of dissolved oxygen level in your water sample using a spectrophotometer
- Understand the concepts of calibration curve, linear regression and extrapolation
Screenshots of Marine Biology Virtual Lab Simulation
How it works
A million dollar lab in your browser
Perform experiments in virtual lab simulations to achieve core science learning outcomes.
All our simulations run on laptop and desktop computers, and you can play our simulations without having to install any browser plugins.
Hundreds of hours of science learning content
Our virtual laboratory simulations are aimed at university, college and high school level, within fields such as biology, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology, chemistry, physics and more.
With access to our simulations, you will have hundreds of hours of engaging, high-quality learning content available to you.