Teach Microbiology with Labster Virtual Labs
The future of education at your fingertips
Labster gives students access to a realistic lab experience that will let them perform experiments and practice their skills in a fun and risk-free learning environment. Watch the video to learn what Labster can offer.
Lab Simulations for Microbiology
Learn about the microorganisms that are all around and inside us in our microbiology simulations. Study the living organisms that are too small to be seen with the naked eye, explore how to handle them in the laboratory, and discover how they play an important role in the causes and control of diseases.
The Microbiology package includes 15 core simulations:
- Bacterial Cell Structures: An introduction to the bacterial cell
- Bacterial Growth Curves: Experiment with bacterial growth
- Bacterial Isolation
- Bacterial Quantification by Culture: Count bacteria with serial dilution
- BioSafety (Level III)
- Control of Microbial Growth: Explore decontamination and selective toxicity
- Genetic Transfer in Bacteria: Prevent the rise of superbugs!
- Identification of an Unknown Bacteria: Help save baby Kuppelfangs from an epidemic!
- Introduction to Immunology: Explore the immune system and save the world!
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Pasteurization and Sterilization
- The Gram Stain: Identify and differentiate bacteria
What the professors say
Watch the Microbiology webinar
Teach Microbiology with Labster
Monday, September 23, 2019, 12:00 PM – 01:00 PM ET
Ana Barral from National University in California has been using Labster’s virtual labs as a core part of her Microbiology course for a year now. In this webinar, she will share her thoughts about using virtual labs to achieve student success.
The webinar covers:
- How Ana Barral got started with Labster
- How she has used virtual labs in her course
- What the pros and cons of teaching with virtual labs are
- What results she achieved
- What advice she can give other Microbiology professors
Improves student retention and outcomes
Unlimited access to instrumentation
Convenient laboratory access
Fun and engaging 3D animations
Easy tracking of progress & feedback
Integrates with your LMS
Suitable for course re-designs
Dedicated customer support
Aligns with core science curriculum
Want to know more?
Complete the form below, and we will get back to you with information about how you can use Labster at your institution or company.